Summer rolls on and if you took up or returned to cycling as your daily exercise earlier this year we hope our earlier #RideEssentials suggestions have served you well. If you were sceptical about bike specific clothing, then the benefits of some good quality shorts, gloves and an up-to-date helmet should have sold you on the concept. We weren’t just making it up… 😉
We’re back with some suggestions on some additional bits of kit to keep you comfortable and even more stylish when on or off the bike.
1. Sometimes it rains. There, we said it. If you’re lucky enough to live somewhere where the summer weather is rock sold sun, then skip to idea 2. Here in this corner of northern Europe we know the benefits of tucking away a packable waterproof jacket into a pack or pocket for sudden showers. The Hummvee Lite Jacket is the perfect all-rounder – lightweight, weather protection that suits a wide range of riders – available for women and men in a selection of colors.
2. Ditch the cotton tee – now that you know that cycling specific shorts are the way to go, it’s time to upgrade from a plain t-shirt. Just like with shorts, we’re confident that once you’ve tried a “proper” riding top you won’t go back to cotton. The Hummvee Ray Jersey – available for women, men and kids – is made from a rapid wicking, quick drying fabric and comes with in-built storage for your phone, a snack and some money for a mid ride ice cream in three pockets on the back, one of which has a zip (on the adult versions).
3. The future’s so bright, you’ve got to wear shades – our Hummvee range has grown over recent years to include cycling friendly kit that doesn’t scream “I’m a cyclist” and the Hummvee Glasses fall squarely into this camp. Stylish on and off the bike, they come in a variety of lens and frame options, including a clear lens that’s a boon if you suffer from watery eyes but don’t like wearing shades.
4. Express yourself. Even the most committed Goths need a bit of color in their lives – our socks are the perfect way to add a little bit of pop to your outfit. They’re also designed for riding in, so feature stretch arch supports and fast wicking yarns to keep your feet comfy.
5. Relax. When you’re not riding, the Hummvee and One Clan collections feature some accessories for chillaxin’ (sorry) in pub beer gardens or cafe runs. Beanies, caps, belts and some casual tees too.